San Marcos Campus
Advisor: Eduardo Hernandez
To set up an appointment, please call the Applied Arts Advising Center at 512-245-1490.
Round Rock Campus
To set up an appointment, please call the Round Rock Advising Center at 512-716-4001.
Meeting with an BAAS Advisor
To meet with an academic advisor, please review the following:
- Attended the mandatory online information session
- You are encouraged to reach out to an academic advisor at any stage in your application process to Texas State; however, please be aware that before you send your official transcripts to the University, the advisors are unable to provide exact information regarding how your credits transfer to a BAAS degree. Once your transfer credits are assessed by Admissions and deemed appropriate to use at Texas State, the advisors can give you more solid information on which courses may or may not be able to be used.
- Advisors are unable to assist with the Capstone. Please refer to the Capstone page.
- The Advising Centers do NOT accept walk-in appointments
- Understand that appointments with advisors book up fast! Usually one-two week waiting periods.
- If you attend courses at the Round Rock Campus, you must meet with Jonathan Murphy.
- Portia Gottschall is NOT an academic advisor
- Refer to the Registration Requests before meeting with an advisor
Common FAQs regarding advising & registration
A degree audit lists all of the requirements for your degree, including (but not limited to):
- Minimum number of hours required
- Advanced hours required
- Writing intensive hours required
- Residency hours (taken at Texas State) required
- Core requirements
- Major requirements
- Minor requirements
The degree audit will note if a requirement has or has not been fulfilled, or if it is in progress. This is a useful tool to track progress toward degree completion. An "official DAR" has been reviewed by an academic advisor and has been approved by the college dean or a dean’s representative.
To review your degree audit:
- Go to your Catsweb Student Services page
- Navigate to Registration and Schedule Changes
- Log in to Self-Service Banner with your Texas State ID number (Axxxxxxxx)
- Click on the "Student" tab
- Select "Degree Audit"
When the page loads, it will display your required coursework and how your completed courses and currently enrolled courses fit into the requirements.
Watch/listen to this how-do video.
Submit the Registration Inquiry Request.
(You will need to include the courses you are interested in.)
To set up an appointment with an academic advisor, see the following instructions:
- San Marcos campus-
- Contact the Applied Arts Advising Center at 512.245.1490
- Round Rock campus- Jonathan Murphy
- Contact the Round Rock Advising Center at 512.716.4001
- San Marcos campus-