San Marcos Campus
Advisor: Eduardo Hernandez
To set up an appointment, please call the Applied Arts Advising Center at 512-245-1490.
Round Rock Campus
To set up an appointment, please call the Round Rock Advising Center at 512-716-4001.
Meeting with an BAAS Advisor
To meet with an academic advisor, please review the following:
- Attended the mandatory online information session
- Understand that without being admitted to the University, the advisors are unable to provide much assistance regarding how your credit transfers to a BAAS degree
- Advisors are unable to assist with the Capstone. Please refer to the Capstone page.
- The Advising Centers do NOT accept walk-in appointments
- Understand that appointments with advisors book up fast! Usually one-two week waiting periods.
- If you attend courses at the Round Rock Campus, you must meet with Jonathan Murphy.
- Portia Gottschall is NOT an academic advisor
- Refer to the Registration Requests before meeting with an advisor
Common FAQs regarding advising & registration
A degree audit lists all of the requirements for your degree, including (but not limited to):
- Minimum number of hours required
- Advanced hours required
- Writing intensive hours required
- Residency hours (taken at Texas State) required
- Core requirements
- Major requirements
- Minor requirements
The degree audit will note if a requirement has or has not been fulfilled, or if it is in progress. This is a useful tool to track progress toward degree completion. An "official DAR" has been reviewed by an academic advisor and has been approved by the college dean or a dean’s representative.
To review your degree audit:
- Go to your Catsweb Student Services page
- Navigate to Registration and Schedule Changes
- Log in to Self-Service Banner with your Texas State ID number (Axxxxxxxx)
- Click on the "Student" tab
- Select "Degree Audit"
When the page loads, it will display your required coursework and how your completed courses and currently enrolled courses fit into the requirements.
Watch/listen to this how-do video.
Submit the Registration Inquiry Request.
(You will need to include the courses you are interested in.)
To set up an appointment with an academic advisor, see the following instructions:
- San Marcos campus-
- Contact the Applied Arts Advising Center at 512.245.1490
- Round Rock campus- Jonathan Murphy
- Contact the Round Rock Advising Center at 512.716.4001
- San Marcos campus-