Requirements for graduating with a Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences degree include:
- Minimum of 120 semester hours of undergraduate work for degree completion.
- Minimum of 30 semester hours must be completed with Texas State.
- 24 of the last 30 must also be completed with Texas State.
- Minimum of 36 advanced hours must be completed.
- A cumulative Texas State GPA of 2.00 required for graduation.
- Beginning Fall 2015 students must enroll in OCED 3350 (1st eight weeks), OCED 4350 (2nd eight weeks) and OCED 4111 to be eligible for nontraditional learning credit.
- 66 semester hours can be transferred from junior colleges.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.25 is required in the professional development module for graduation.
- Maximum of six years is allowed to finish the degree.
- Minimum of nine hours of writing intensive courses.
- Minimum of 24 advanced (junior/senior hours) must be from Texas State.
The program is normally a minimum of three semesters.