Skip to Content
What it is:
- The BAAS Capstone is a needs-based project in which you create a deliverable product (tangible outcome) for an organization that is doing the type of work you hope to do after you graduate.
Capstone Project Requirements:
The Capstone project must
- Relate to the classes you took in your Professional Development module
- Consist of a new collegiate-level experience and may not duplicate previous or current skills
- Relate to your future career goals
- Challenge you to solve a problem for the site organization
Capstone Project Examples:
- Videos, websites, plans (e.g., business, marketing, fund raising), teaching/training modules, policy reviews, HR manuals, newsletters, mobile apps, health/wellness promotions (brochures, PSAs, posters), etc.
What a Capstone is NOT:
- It is not teaching, coaching, or tutoring, etc.
- It is not service: answering phones, feeding the poor
- It is not an activity: fund-raising, wedding planning, political canvassing
Preparing for the Capstone:
- Be in their last semester at Texas State
- Complete all other degree obligations first (core, OE, and PD must all be complete)
- If you want to take additional classes with the Capstone, you must submit a waiver to be reviewed by the OWLS Department. (Found HERE)
- The capstone applications typically take more than a week to complete. Start early, edit often, seek help from the writing center.