The Jane Cappe Research Enhancement Award was named in honor of a Texas State University MSIS student. Ms. Cappe completed her MSIS degree while holding both full and part-time jobs.
Jane Cappe has been formally recognized as one of the top civilian performers in her Department of Defense agency, was a Dewain Cobb Research Forum award winner, and also received the Department of Technology's outstanding graduate student award.
During her tenure as a graduate student, Ms. Cappe became convinced of the direct cause and effect relationship between the effort expended in the research portion of the MSIS program, and the amount of personal growth and critical skills that resulted.
To promote those skills, the award criteria focuses more on quality of effort involved in research and the ability to challenge the learner rather than GPA. The Jane Cappe Research Enhancement Award was established by Mr. Dewain Cobb. The award was named after Ms. Cappe because of her personal integrity, scholarship, critical thinking, and pursuit of excellence in the academic and nonacademic environment.
The award's purpose is to recognize outstanding learners in the MSIS and MAIS and their proposed research. Additionally, the award will provide financial assistance for execution of the research project.
- All applicants must complete an application and provide a copy of their research proposal and unofficial transcript.
- Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria, in addition to the essay contained in the application:
1. Quality of the research outline.
2. Ability of the proposed research to challenge and strengthen the applicant's skills.
3. Significance of the research.
4. Recommendation of the graduate advisor.
Applications may be obtained at application in Word format.
All materials must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 31st of the current year. The packages will be evaluated and two winners announced will be announced. The award will be in the amount of $400 each. These funds will be used for the research project.