BAAS Capstone Information (OCED 4360/4361)
To register for the Capstone (OCED 4360/4361), you must submit an application and be given approval to enroll in the course.
See below for deadlines, mandatory workshops, and steps on how to complete your application.
ATTENTION: Workshops for the Fall 2018 Capstone have passed. The application process for the Spring 2018 semester will begin in mid-September with scheduled Workshops. Please visit Step 4 for the dates, time, and registration directions. Check for dates released in August.
Your application will be denied an initial review if you:
Fail to follow any these four steps, as indicated by the quality of your application and/or your workshop attendance.
Fail to submit all required materials by the deadlines.
Missed any of the deadlines during the application process.
Capstone Application Deadlines for Fall 2018:
- Mandatory Workshops - (you must attend one workshop to qualify) Weds. 5/16/18 [San Marcos] | Thurs. 5/17/18 [Zoom] | Tues. 5/22/18 [Zoom] | Weds. 5/23/18 [Round Rock]
- Thursday, June 14, 5:00 pm — Last day to submit your Capstone-PD Course Confirmation form to verify Professional Development courses. When approved, your NetId will be added to the BAAS Capstone Apply F18 TRACS site for you to submit your initial application materials.
- Monday, June 18, 8:00 am — Initial application reviews on BAAS Capstone Apply F18 begins based on the upload timestamp earliest to most recent.
- Thursday, June 21, 5:00 pm — Last day to upload your required initial application materials (3 documents) to the TRACS Assignments tab in BAAS Capstone Apply F18. Initial applications after this date/time are denied further processing.
- Wednesday, June 27th, 2:00 pm — Overrides will be granted for OCED 4360/ OCED 4361 to be able to register for the course. *If you do not obtain approval after the final review, your override will be removed and dropped from the course.*
- June 21 – July 25 — Application review process continues. Applications are approved or returned to applicant for revisions when the materials require only minor edits. Applications will be denied revisions and further processing when the sections are incomplete, and/or the capstone objectives do not follow the format, structure, and criteria as directed in the application materials.
- Wednesday, July 25, 5:00 pm — Last day to submit a revised application to BAAS Capstone Apply F18 for the final review for approval.
- Monday, July 30, 5:00 pm — End of summer 2018 application review cycle for fall capstone.